[asdf-devel] One failure on ASDF 3.1.0.70 on Allegro/Windows

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Feb 25 23:59:25 UTC 2014

Zach, when ASDF reads a system name from a symbol,  it takes the symbol name and down cases it. So loading :foo is the same as loading "foo".

So I don't think this should break anything for you, unless quicklisp has some systems with camel-cased names.

Also, according to the hyperspec, a logical pathname can only contain upper case letters, so it can't distinguish files whose names differ by case alone. (Cf.19.3.1).

For these reasons, it makes sense to treat ASDF system names as case-insensitive. If you have case-sensitive names they may work for some users, and not for others.

Best,