[asdf-devel] Unable to upgrade asdf using clisp 2.49 on Mac OS X

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Feb 2 04:02:52 UTC 2014

On Mac OS X, when I try to upgrade my ASDF using the logical pathnames
"home:lisp;asdf;" and "home:lisp;asdf;uiop;" I get this error:

*** - While searching for system "asdf": "home:lisp;asdf;uiop;"
evaluated to "home:lisp;asdf;uiop;" which is not an absolute directory.

Note that I am using ASDF:*CENTRAL-REGISTRY*, not the configuration DSL.

But:

Break 1 [2]> (translate-logical-pathname "home:lisp;asdf;uiop;")
#P"/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/uiop/"

Is this expected behavior from clisp + ASDF?

This same configuration works on ACL and SBCL, which suggests its a
clisp issue.