[asdf-devel] ASDF 3.0.3 ported to MKCL 1.1.7

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Feb 19 15:02:58 UTC 2014

Jean-Claude Beaudoin wrote:

> Hello ASDF maintainers,
>
> I just completed a port of ASDF 3.0.3 to what will soon be released as
> MKCL 1.1.7.
> It currently passes all the 48 tests of yours on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04)
> and I will very soon test it on Win32 and Win64 (I expect a routine ride
> there).
>
> I would like to submit back to you the few lines of ASDF code I had
> to conditionalize to get this port working OK.
>
> Can we do this through a "Pull request" on github?
> I see both a fare/asdf and a rpgoldman/asdf repositories that
> look like the head of ASDF evolution which one should
> I fork, merge with and then send the pull?
>
> Cheers,
>
> JCB

It would actually be better to use the cl.net git repository.  From the
web page:

git clone git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git

I'm afraid that this means that we couldn't use the pull request
framework, but you could submit using format-patch.

One concern is that we are on 3.1.0.67, and there have been fairly
significant changes since 3.0.3.

But if the changes are localized, we can probably figure out how to
merge them into head.

Best,