[asdf-devel] Mistake (?) in grammar of defsystem

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Feb 22 21:56:16 UTC 2014

Another documentation mismatch.  We have a test system that looks like this:

(defsystem :test-asdf/test-module-depend
  :depends-on
  ((:feature :sbcl (:require :sb-posix))
   (:feature :allegro (:require "osi")))
  :components ...)

But the grammar says:

(feature FEATURE-NAME)

What are the semantics of this compound :FEATURE dependency?  Looks like
it's some sort of conditional, and I don't see any documentation for
:REQUIRE in the manual.

I will fix these, as appropriate, since I'm already expanding the manual.

Thanks,