[Asdf-devel] Time to make ASDF more hookable

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Thu Aug 28 01:11:43 UTC 2014

On Aug 27, 2014, at 8:59 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> ASDF is getting bigger and bigger.  Faré and others wish to do some more
> exciting things with ASDF, like make it the basis for scripting, etc.

no rush, at least not for me.

I don’t think we are done searching for way to make scripting fast while
playing well with asdf.  For example … maybe cl-launch should find a way
to cache what systems to load and route around asdf (what ever that means)
after the first run.

> BUT:  ASDF is the "make" of Common Lisp.  It must be stable and solid.

+1

> So... How can we have our cake and eat it, too?

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/cake-build/  :)

…

I agree with the point your making, entirely.