[Asdf-devel] request for test: experimental-submodules branch

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Aug 26 19:37:33 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
>> I did something much simpler: I enumerated the directories instead of
>> just loading the whole tree. My current settting is:
>>
>> export CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY =
>> ${sourceDirectory}/:${sourceDirectory}/uiop/:${sourceDirectory}/ext//:
>>
>> That gets only ASDF, UIOP, and the dependencies.
>>
> I saw that. This doesn't help when asdf is in the source-registry,
> though (which is the recommended way of having an asdf upgrade: "just"
> having its source in the source-registry, e.g. in ~/common-lisp/asdf/)

Hm.  And we have to have the asdf *tree* in the source-registry instead
of only having the asdf *directory* in there because of the separation
of uiop.asd and asdf.asd.

Is there some reason we can't move uiop.asd up to a position next to
asdf.asd?

That seems like a much more pleasant solution than restructuring the
repo to make the test and asdf source directories siblings instead of
child/parent.