[Asdf-devel] ASDF and generated files

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 14 16:41:05 UTC 2014

Hello, dear ASDF developers,

I'm currently trying to port some old lisp code (Common Music) to
ASDF3[1]. Common Music's source is written in Scheme, the Common Lisp
version is generated from the Scheme code. Unfortunately CM's current
asdf file is littered with executable code (not only compiling inoking
the Scheme->Lisp compiler but also calling (non-portable) shell scripts
etc. This is unfortunate since many asdf operations will trigger this
code. Hence my attempt to rewrite the asdf and transfer the scheme->lisp
part into a second asdf system. Unfortunately I can't find any
documentation on how to implement such a code transformation. I can
create a new component class scheme-file but what methods do I need to
implement? Where can I call the function that actually compiles a scheme
file to lisp (Common Music's scheme->lisp compiler works on files).

TIA Ralf Mattes

Footnotes:
[1]  my main goal is to make Common Music distributable by quicklisp.