[Asdf-devel] Registering preloaded systems for Quicklisp/ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:18:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:
> What about clear-defined-systems  (plural)?
>
> This is exported functionality and it calls clear-defined-system.
>
> Should it be changed to clear-systems and made to call clear-system, or kept
> the same and made to call clear-system?

I believe it should keep its name and just be made to call clear-system.

I called it clear-defined-systems rather than clear-system because it
clears all the defined systems, as opposed to a specified list of
systems. clear-system clears a specified system.

I wouldn't rename it. Moreover, since it's exported, renaming should
be a maintainer's prerogative. Note though that no one in Quicklisp
uses it either.

Speed has always been important otherwise one wouldn't need the computer.
       —Seymour Cray