[Asdf-devel] Registering preloaded systems for Quicklisp/ASDF

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Mon Aug 11 16:32:57 UTC 2014

Ok here is an updated patch which does a register-system as well as
register-preloaded-system as part of register-immutable-system. It tries to
preserve version information according to what Faré recommended.

It also patches clear-system and clear-defined-system so as to prevent
clearing any systems which occur in the *immutable-systems* table. In the
case when a system is immutable, this also now affects the return-value of
these clearing functions.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
wrote:

> Thanks to both of you for your work on this patch.
>
> I'm going to hold off on applying any patches, though, until there's a
> test case.
>
> Dave, I understand that it might be hard to wrap your head around the
> test script code, so let's start by brainstorming what the test should
> do, rather than digging in and getting confused with the details of
> implementation.
>
> I believe what is wanted is a test where we make an image with some
> system preloaded, try to mark it as immutable, and then check to see if
> it's reloaded.  Is that correct?
>
> Cheers,

My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699