[Asdf-devel] Bug in operate :around t t method?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:58:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Jan Moringen
<jmoringe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think there is a bug in the operate :around t t method.
>
> I looked at this in the SBCL source tree and couldn't find ASDF's
> upstream git repository on common-lisp.net, so this may already be fixed
> there. Sorry for the noise in that case.
>
> The problem is
>
>         #'(lambda () (make-operation name :original-initargs initargs initargs))
>
> which, I think, should be
>
>         #'(lambda () (apply #'make-operation name :original-initargs initargs initargs))

Indeed, this is a bug in an otherwise unexercised code path.
Happily, no one seems to call operate directly with an operation object.
Actually, because this is all about hot upgrade, the solution is to
apply 'make-operation and not apply #'make-operation.

Robert, are you on it, or should I commit the fix?

>From a programmer's point of view, the user is a peripheral that types
when you issue a read request. — P. Williams