[Asdf-devel] package-system

Faré fare at tunes.org
Sun Apr 20 23:44:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> one-package-per-file
>> vs
>> package-inferred-system
>
> I prefer package-inferred-system and package-derived-system, FWIW.

The deed is done: the new name is package-inferred-system.
I personally slightly preferred one-package-per-file, and so did drewc
(the main other user publishing free software libraries using it),
but it seems there is a clear plurality for package-inferred-system,
and Robert's voice should weigh more, since he's the maintainer.

Anton: can you do a run of cl-test-grid with the latest ASDF from
master (currently 3.1.0.116) ?
I believe it's a release candidate.

If you have time, please also run the latest from the syntax-control branch,
that I'd like to convince Robert is good to be merged before release
rather than after
(the only syntax variable it controls by default is *readtable*, which
is pretty conservative,
yet gets us most of the way to user-controlled syntax, and in particular,
makes it safe to invoke ASDF from a REPL that has a different *readtable*).

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are:
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
        — Ronald Reagan.