[Asdf-devel] mkcl and asdf

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 07:56:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now, I have it busy-looping into plenty of
> "/home/tunes/src/mkcl/contrib/alexandria_2012_08_14/alexandria.asd"

This suggests that one of the things you need to do is have tighter
> control over the CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY
> and ASDF_OUTPUT_TRANSLATIONS around this compilation, to prevent the
> unwanted ASDF upgrade.

I have to admit that interference from the process environment was not on
my list of identified threats.
I just committed two lines in my src/build-asdf-contrib.lsp to guard
against that. I hope its enough.
I looked into the source code of ASDF and saw that it read the content of
at least 11 environment variables!
Should I be paranoid and guard also against the 9 nine others beside the
two you mentioned?

> >> I will back port to MKCL 1.1.9 the fixes I currently have in MKCL 1.2.0.
> >> You will have them in the git repository in a few hours.
>  compiler::*speed*
> >> is going away anyway since proclaim at al. need to work even when the
> "CMP"
> >> module has not been loaded, use si::*speed* instead. Also, nickname "C"
> for
> >> package "COMPILER" has been removed since MKCL 1.1.0 at least (too clash
> >> prone).
> >>

> > Done and pushed to the git repo.  So you now have si::*speed*,
> si::*safety*,
> > si::*space*, si::*debug* and si::*compilation-speed* that store the
> global
> > level environment for "optimize", each with integer values between 0 and
> 3
> > inclusively by convention. Crude but does the job...
> >
> Great. Is it OK if I don't include compatibility with older versions of
> MKCL?

Please DO NOT try to include compatibility with older versions of MKCL
before 1.1.9 since that aspect of them is simply a hopeless broken mess
that I can only wish to forget quickly.