[Asdf-devel] mkcl and asdf

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:22:11 UTC 2014

Dear JCB,

I managed to compile MKCL from git, but only after I updated its ASDF.

Unless you have a good reason, I recommend you only include
a bootstrapped version of asdf.lisp in your source tree.
You should of course keep generating it from an asdf checkout,
and send us any local patch you create (thanks a lot for that!)

In 3.1.0.109, I have an attempt at implementing get-optimization-settings
on most implementations (allegro is still missing,
plus ecl-bytecmp, genera, corman, mcl);
my implementation for MKCL does not work and/or
proclaim does not work: c::*speed* exists but isn't updated by proclaim.
Can you help me fix that?

Compulsory apologies mostly train children to say things they don't mean —
that is, to lie. ― Alfie Kohn, 'Unconditional Parenting'