[asdf-devel] Recompiling SBCL contribs

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 21:27:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> I've saved an executable SBCL image that includes asdf and calls
> load-system. If the system it's loading depends-on sbcl contribs,
> e.g. sb-bsd-sockets, it is recompiling the contrib sources.
>
> What causes contribs to get recompiled? Is there an easy way to inhibit
> it?

Which versions of SBCL and ASDF are you using?
Are you using some ASDF options such as enabling deferred-warnings?

There are bugs in some old versions of SBCL and/or ASDF that can cause
this behavior. At the other extreme, the latestest SBCL doesn't rely
on ASDF for contribs at runtime anymore, and this bug becomes
impossible.

Are you deploying on the same system?

The greatest lies always come in a thin coating of truth.