[asdf-devel] has ":depends-on ((:version ...))" semantics changed?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Mon Nov 18 07:34:40 UTC 2013

The 0.xy versions of Closer to MOP were not based on semantic versioning, but on an ad hoc versioning scheme. 1.0.0 did not change any API at all, so is definitely compatible with the last 0.xy versions. 1.0.0 is supposed to acknowledge the maturity of the library, that's it.

The FAQ section at http://semver.org seems to suggest that exceptions to the rules are acceptable, and I believe that a change from ad hoc version numbers to semantic versioning is such an exception.

I'm open to suggestions for a better solution.

Pascal

Sent from my iPad