[asdf-devel] has ":depends-on ((:version ...))" semantics changed?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 18 15:27:29 UTC 2013

18.11.2013, 08:02, "Robert P. Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
> Anton Vodonosov wrote:
>
>>  18.11.2013, 07:50, "Robert P. Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
>>>  Are you saying now that version 1.0.0 of Closer-MOP will satisfy the
>>>  requirement of 0.55, and that Anton should *not* be having this build
>>>  failure.
>>  Robert, build failures happen on older ASDF, and not happen on newer ASDF.
>
> Well this certainly was not an ASDF change I was consulted about or approved of.

It has happened right before ASDF maintenance was transferred to you,
maybe even during the transition. See the mailing thread mentioned by Xach:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.asdf.devel/3062/focus=3066

>From this thread I understand that ASDF uses the same version-satisfies
for determining compatibility between ASDF versions, and for
determining if an ASDF system satisfies the :depends-on ((:version ...)).