[asdf-devel] Detecting non-defsystem dependencies

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:21:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
>> A "userspace" implementation of that can currently be done by having a
>> hook :before asdf:operate, that pushes the current operation to a list
>> associated to the (uiop:load-pathname) when said file is a .asd.
>
> Hmm. If I have a setup like this:
>
>   ;;;; a.asd
>
>   (asdf:load-system "b")
>
>   (asdf:defsystem "a" ...)
>

> And:
>
>   ;;;; b.asd
>
>   (asdf:defsystem "b"
>     :depends-on ("c")
>     ...)
>
> What will be the load pathname associated with the load operation of
> "c" when loading "a"?

There will be no direct loading of c via (operate 'load-op "c");
rather, loading c will be part of the plan performed during the
(operate 'load-op "b") evaluated in a.asd. So if you hook :before
operate, you still need to look at the regular dependencies
of the systems that you detect were loaded.

Our love was a supernova, bursting with an immense light only to wane quickly,
leaving behind a black hole.