[asdf-devel] Detecting non-defsystem dependencies

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Nov 6 19:49:38 UTC 2013

Zach Beane wrote:
> Some system files look like this:
>
>    ;;;; myproject.asd
>
>    (asdf:load-system "some-prerequisite")
>
>    (defsystem "myproject" ...)
>
> Can you recommend a good way to detect that system "myproject" depends
> on system "some-prerequisite"? Are there any hooks or other features of
> ASDF that might make it straightforward?
>
> Zach

I suppose one could do something scary like loading the system
definition through a process that would cause invocation of ASDF
operations to be trapped and logged instead of executed.  This would be
a sort of sandbox, and results of loading the .asd file into the sandbox
could be used to infer the presence of such loading events.

This still seems pretty nasty compared to fixing the system definition
files.

Best,