[asdf-devel] Buggy release

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:24:45 UTC 2013

Looking at packages in quicklisp, it appears that no one explicitly
calls version-satisfies and really relies on the fact that it isn't
the same as version<= (actually, several packages, all written by me,
go through some pains to emulate version<= in spite of only
version-satisfies being available in asdf 2).

On the other hand, 41 different .asd files rely on (:version ...)
constrained dependencies, and may or may not expect a different major
version to be considered as incompatible.

So, is anyone going to complain if I do as Xach suggests and have
version-satisfies be an alias for version<= ?

If this country is worth saving, it's worth saving at a profit. — H. L. Hunt
This country can only be saved if it can be saved at a profit. — Patri Friedman