[asdf-devel] ASDF-BUNDLE breaks ECL (and a rant about related stuff)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat May 11 20:37:00 UTC 2013

Since 2.32 (probably earlier), ASDF can no longer produce standalone
executables in ECL.

The reason is that all those executables (stupidly in my opinion) have
dependencies on libraries that should now be linked with the program. In
particular, ASDF itself, UIOP, etc.

Why is this so? Why do I have to link 800 Mb of library (ASDF and all its
components) with every executable instead of abstracting a simpler load
process where ASDF is not there unless, of course, a dependency on it is
declared?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC