[asdf-devel] How can I intercept errors?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun May 26 08:36:04 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Uh? By default, ASDF 3.0.1 does not intercept any error, much less
> without allowing you to do a proper backtrace. I'm not sure what
> you're talking about.

There was a compiler error while building some code (opticl-doc in this
case), but I was not able to get a proper backtrace. I now found that it
was a problem of the debug level not being the right one -- from the list
of restarts I assumed it was happening the same as with older ASDFs, which
would jump to an outer context when an error happened.

Sorry for the noise. I will look into the backtrace function when I can --
Slime has one which is functional, but it is customized for its needs (i.e.
partial backtraces).

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC