[asdf-devel] How can I intercept errors?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun May 26 08:11:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a maintainer of a Common Lisp implementation I am really not interested
> on ASDF intercepting errors without allowing me to do a proper backtrace
> because it jumps to a different, outer context.

Uh? By default, ASDF 3.0.1 does not intercept any error, much less
without allowing you to do a proper backtrace. I'm not sure what
you're talking about. The precious few handler-case in asdf are around
quite delimited functions, most of the time we use handler-bind or
restart-case, that do not prevent backtraces.

On the other hand, I didn't find a way to print interesting backtraces
on ECL. I would really appreciate if you would improve on
uiop/image:raw-print-backtrace, as compared to just calling
si::tpl-backtrace which doesn't seem to do much in most cases.

> How can I prevent this? The code right now has evolved to such a different
> shape that I cannot know how to do it by myself :-/

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Can you provide an example?

Is it true that in the USSR the pay does not correspond to the work? well
Incorrect. It corresponds fully. They pretend to pay and we pretend to work.