[asdf-devel] test results for 1.2.0-dev

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 22 20:43:50 UTC 2013

Hello.

Got the test results from Erik's machine few days ago, but only now have time
to report them to the mailing list.

Comparison of 1.1.1 and 1.2.0-dev on quicklisp 2013-03-12:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/abcl/abcl-diff3.html

It doesn't present big difference as I hoped, because closer-mop now compiles
on any version of ABCL, including 1.1.1. Maybe runtime behavior will be
different, but we have no test suites which highlight this difference.

Note some regressions: uiop, metacopy-with-contextl, xcvb-bridge.
I haven't analyzed what is the cause. Probably something ASDF-related.

To give you sense of ABCL progress, here is the report comparing
ABCL 1.1.1 on two quicklisps: 2013-02-17 and 2013-03-12:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/abcl/abcl-diff4.html

As you see, much more libraries compile OK in new quicklisp.

Note, these two quicklisps were tested on different machines,
and the later quicklisp was tested with absence of gcc.
This explains failure of cl-gss for example, which can be ignored.

Pay attention to some CRASH results in new quicklisp. These crashes
reproduce in 1.2.0-dev too and are caused by various errors in ABCL
(like index out of bounds, assertion failed).

Command line to reproduce it at the cl-test-grid.cloud.efficito.com machine,
as user testgrid:

    rm -r .cache/common-lisp/
    java -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -jar /home/testgrid/lisps/abcl/dist/abcl.jar --noinit --nosystem --batch --eval '(require :abcl-contrib)' --load /home/testgrid/quicklisp/setup.lisp --eval '(ql:quickload :cl-l10n)' > log 2>&1

Finally, here is the load failures report for 1.2.0-dev:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/abcl/abcl-1-2-0-load-failures.html
Recall, that the default sorting in this report tries to present on top the libraries fixing
which will give bigger "outcome".
More detailed explanation of the report columns is here:
https://github.com/cl-test-grid/cl-test-grid/tree/master/reporting#combining-failures-and-dependency-information

As you see, there are several directions to dig further, depending on what you are more
interested to start with.

Let me know what other reports you want to see, or what configurations to test,
or how to reproduce certain errors.

Best regards,
- Anton