[asdf-devel] An upgrade path for checking deferred-warnings

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Mar 3 04:32:21 UTC 2013

I think it's right to disable the deferred warnings check by default,
but at the same time I would recommend everyone to enable it
in his lisp initialization file.

Yesterday I started to use ASDF 2.31.1 where deferred warnings
are checked. And found 3 bugs in the code I am working on
(like referencing a special variable removed long ago,
just having an accidentally typed letter 'd' in the middle of a
function code, and a typo in variable name).

Bugs hasn't affected me yet because I normally do not use the system
in a way where the bugs will be enabled. I am glad that compiler
notices the bugs and that ASDF now can inform me about them.

I am not ready to propose upgrade plan. Do to so I need to learn
better what warnings may detected by this new feature, and in
general learn and think more about warning handling.