[asdf-devel] ASDF's MAKE-BUILD breaks ECL's DLL target

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jj.garcia.ripoll at csic.es
Wed Jun 26 20:36:06 UTC 2013

I have real trouble deciphering the new make-build code but I have come to
the conclusion that the :DLL target has been eliminated.

The current :DLL target claims to "Link together all the dynamic library
used by this system into a single one." which is not what ECL's :DLL target
was doing.

ECL's :DLL/:SHARED-LIBRARY target did the same as :STATIC-LIBRARY, which is
to link all FASL files into a single, linkable file, but in the shared
library form.

The elimination of this feature and the replacement with a possibly empty
behavior (I see no opeartion associated to DLL at all), breaks ECL's users
code and expectations, having had already some bug reports for that.

The worse thing is that I no longer seem to understand ASDF's internal's
logic well enough to provide any reliable kind of fix, but what I attached
seems to do the job just as well. In this patch, since the DLL operation
does nothing on any other platform, I took the liberty to condition it on
ECL/MKCL

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC