[asdf-devel] Re: [armedbear-devel] Re: cl-test-grid: Testing ABCL-1.2.0-RC

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 17:36:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Inferior-shell *should* be able to compile with ASDF 2.
>> If not, it's a bug. Meh: not as easy for me to test as I'd like.
>
> It uses the slash/package name thing. I'm not sure when it was
> introduced, but my build system doesn't understand it.

Autodetection of foo/bar as meaning "read it from foo.asd" is an
asdf3-ism, but systems named like that work on asdf2 (and asdf1) just
like any other system defined in a .asd — of which there used to be a
lot even before this convention was invented. i.e. once defined asdf
can use them, but before the .asd file is loaded asdf1&2 have no idea
where to look for them.

Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet. — African proverb