[asdf-devel] Loading an .asd file directly using its pathname

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:32:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 09:57 -0500, Robert Goldman wrote:
>> Luís Oliveira wrote:
>> > Oh, cool! Thanks!

>> > FWIW, I think it's somewhat useful, yes.
>>
>> I will certainly see about exporting it in the next release.
>>
>> Follow-up question: should we be checking to make sure that .asd files
>> are /only/ loaded in the proper context?  I.e., should we do something
>> like issue a warning if one tries to load a DEFSYSTEM form when /not/
>> using this function?
>
> Yes.

Sounds like a good default, as long as there's a way to explicitly
setup a proper environment for a defsystem to be used without a
load-asd, which is sometimes quite useful, to create "dummy" systems,
etc. Such functionality is used not just by the asdf tests themselves,
but also by some large application that I have worked on.

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot. — Groucho Marx