[asdf-devel] Loading an .asd file directly using its pathname

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Jun 25 14:57:36 UTC 2013

Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Faré  wrote:
>> In ASDF 3, there is already a function ASDF/FIND-SYSTEM:LOAD-ASD
> Oh, cool! Thanks!
>

>> I suppose it could be usefully exported from the ASDF/INTERFACE package.
>> I will leave that to the new maintainer, Robert Goldman.
> FWIW, I think it's somewhat useful, yes.

I will certainly see about exporting it in the next release.

Follow-up question: should we be checking to make sure that .asd files
are /only/ loaded in the proper context?  I.e., should we do something
like issue a warning if one tries to load a DEFSYSTEM form when /not/
using this function?

Cheers,