[asdf-devel] Re: ASDF 3.0.2.1 released

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 17:38:52 UTC 2013

    Robert> Raymond Toy wrote:
    >> If this is the first release candidate, can you explain the difference
    >> between this and the 3.0.2 that was released a month or so ago?  I'm a
    >> bit confused now on the numbering.

    Robert> I have been assuming that the numbering is:

    Robert> x.y.z

    Robert> x = major revision -- I do not expect to preside over one of these!
    Robert> ASDF 2 was a major clean-up.  ASDF 3 added substantial improvements in
    Robert> dependency tracking, etc.

    Robert> y = change to API

    Robert> z = patch release

    Robert> This is what is enshrined in the ASDF versioning predicates, so I
    Robert> figured I would stick with that.

Thanks.  Previously, I think cmucl only updated on x.y, ignoring z.
But with asdf 3, I think we updated on x.y.z (3.0.2, in particular).

I was just wondering now when cmucl should update its copy of asdf.
And in particular should cmucl take 3.0.2.1?  I have not run into any
issues with 3.0.2, but I only use a small number of asdf systems.

    Robert> Glad to hear things are working with CMUCL.  Which platform(s) did you test?

I ran it on OSX and Linux. Everything was fine. :-)

Ray