[asdf-devel] ASDF 3.0.2.1 released

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:56:41 UTC 2013

Dear Robert,

here are some code review comments on ASDF 3.0.2.1.

* Putting :asdf/find-system after :asdf in the recycle looks like it's
defeating the purpose;
you might as well remove it.
* Maybe refactor duplicate-names so it doesn't inherit from
system-definition-error ?
 Or have a function of the same name be called that is defined later
to throw the error?
* Since we don't work on antique cmucl, maybe we could check whether
the :report print-object hack is still needed?
* I kind of wanted to prevent the multiplication of .asd files and the
eating away of the namespace by using test-asdf/foo systems for new
systems; but it's your baby, so your call. Also, an error might not be
compatible with putting it in test-asdf.asd. On the other hand, that's
a case where define-test-system and/or eval can be used so you don't
need a .asd file at all.

* the nodes in the grammar could be renamed to be less confusing and
not require a comment.

The politicians have a most touching faith in technology — that it can make
up for any dumb thing the politicians decide to do.  — John McCarthy