[asdf-devel] component-property

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:41:19 UTC 2013

>>> Feel free to adopt this technique for your proposed website slot, so it
>>> does not cause compatibility problems. Please do not remove other
>>> techniques.
>>>
>> There is no compatibility problem whatsoever with adding optional slots.
>
> I just tried, and got this:
>
>     Error while trying to load definition for system wwwoops from
>     pathname /home/xach/src/lisp/wwwoops/wwwoops.asd:
>        Invalid initialization argument:
>          :WEBSITE
>        in call for class #<STANDARD-CLASS ASDF:SYSTEM>.
>        [Condition of type ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR]
>
> There *is* a compatibility problem.

I haven't added the slots yet, so of course it won't work.
As for disabling properties on old versions of ASDF that don't
actually support them,
that's what #+asdf3 is for, just like #+asdf2 before it.
Hopefully, two years from now we can assume everyone has moved from
ASDF2 to ASDF3,
just like today we can safely assume no one uses ASDF1 anymore.

Oignez villain, il vous poindra ; poignez villain, il vous oindra.
        — Rabelais