[asdf-devel] Upgrade issues

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:08:41 UTC 2013

ABCL is one of the three implementations, together with CLISP and CMUCL,
where I ultimately punted on ASDF hot-upgrade, by just trying to
rename away the ASDF package if it's too old.

I don't know if you're interested in making the kind of package
surgery I was indulging in work,
but it involves rehoming symbols from ASDF to subpackages such as
ASDF/COMPONENT,
including for class slot names.

Anyway, please test the latest ASDF with ABCL, I think it's ripe for release,
but I'd like your feedback considering the massive amount of hacking
that happened.

If the human mind were simple enough to understand,
we'd be too simple to understand it.
        — Pat Bahn