[asdf-devel] distributing asdf

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 03:17:07 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:

>>> Would you consider adding an URL like asdf-driver-latest.tgz that will
>>> always refer to the latest version?
>>>
>> Done:
>>
>> (defun link-archive ()
>>   (run `(ln -sf ,(tarname (driver-name))
>>             (,*clnet-asdf-public* "archives/asdf-driver.tar.gz"))
>>        :show t :host *clnet*)
>>   (values))
>>
>> While I'm at it, a present for foom, 2.26.119 will do its best
>> to avoid resolving pathnames at all if *resolve-symlinks* is nil
>> (please test with your setting).
>
> Does it also fix the issue with the asdf-utils package name conflict?

Which way do you want the conflict resolved?
The current resolution is that asdf-utils.asd is
an empty system that depends on asdf-driver.asd,
and asdf-driver has the nickname asdf-utils,
and exports about everything useful that asdf-utils used to;
I omitted a few things that have changed name,
but I can provide compatibility functions
with the previous backward API if there's a demand.

If you think it's nicer to NOT have the same name, and/or
to have asdf-utils a proxy package
that imports and re-exports select symbols from asdf-driver,
everything is possible.

Fraud is the homage that force pays to reason.  — Charles Curtis