[asdf-devel] Pre ASDF-2.27 failing to compile on ABCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:06:54 UTC 2013

Dear Mark,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 1/11/13 5:53 PM, Faré wrote:
>>
>> Dear Lisp hackers,
>>
>> I've completed yet another major pass of refactoring of ASDF.
>

> […]
>
> Coolness!  Keep it coming!

Thanks for the appreciation.
Maybe some day you can help me better integrate your ASDF-JAR into ASDF.

> Failing to compiled the concatenated fasl from ASDF master tip (local :
>
>    UNDEFINED-FUNCTION: ;COMMON-LISP:CELL-ERROR-NAME triggers autoloading of
> org.armedbear.lisp.cell_error_name ...
>     ; Autoloaded org.armedbear.lisp.cell_error_name (0.0050 seconds)
>    The function ASDF/PACKAGE::WHEN-FISHY is undefined.

there is a bug in ABCL, that fails to expand a macrolet around a defun.

My workaround is to nest the macrolet inside the defun;
this is made possible by my not having broken the defun
into multiple functions as originally intended;
otherwise, I suppose I could have a defmacro with a long name,
or just trusted package discipline.

Regards,

Economic illiteracy often leads one to take for wealth creation or cost
reduction what is only a forced displacement of activity, with no primary
gain, and a lot of secondary costs and negative side-effects. — Faré