[asdf-devel] Tests fail oddly on Allegro 8.2

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:11:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> All the tests reported as failing to me.

I was trying to close the *standard-input* during batch processing,
with the hope that it would help Lisps die cleaner and better
when running in batch mode instead of dropping to a debugger,
but apparently, Allegro and ECL at least *really* hate that.
So I don't try anymore.

> So I'm wondering if there's something wrong in the
> way the test results are accumulated by the script..

On the other hand, I moved the output of the asdf-pathname-test script
from build/output.txt to where the other test outputs are:
build/results/allegro-pathnames.txt

We have actually contrived to invent a new kind of hypocrite. The old
hypocrite, Tartuffe or Pecksniff, was a man whose aims were really worldly and
practical, while he pretended that they were religious. The new hypocrite is
one whose aims are really religious, while he pretends that they are worldly
and practical. — G. K. Chesterton