[asdf-devel] Test results: one failure on CCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 03:46:28 UTC 2013

Yes, to run this test, one needs asdf-encodings installed next to asdf.
I've added a check to disable the rest of the test when asdf-encodings
is missing.

I've also made many, many improvements to the runtime part of ASDF,
so it provides things like backtraces, image dump and resume hooks,
controlled conditions, etc. It all started as having to dig again
deep into the pathname compatibility, then the run-program compatibility,
and I finally decided to just move all the remaining general-purpose parts
of XCVB-driver into a layer of ASDF called ASDF/DRIVER.
And I'm putting it to good use in the test support and
in bin/bump-version which was re-written from an unholy mix
of shell and perl to Common Lisp.

I'm homesteading the package nickname :D for asdf/driver.

PS: You may or may not like the magic macro (d:asdf-debug).

In other news, after a coding marathon fighting package surgery issues,
the ASDF looks like it's working and mostly stable, and I'm again going
to look into trying it with cl-test-grid.

The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility.
And vice versa.    — Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"