[asdf-devel] Mac OSX test upgrade status

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Feb 26 22:12:28 UTC 2013

On 2/26/13 Feb 26 -2:52 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> I got through almost all the upgrade tests before failing with
>> allegromodern trying to upgrade from 1.85:
>>
>> ; registering #<system :asdf @ #x1000afe932> as asdf
>> ; Fast loading /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/asdf.fasl
>> TEST ABORTED: Attempt to fast load a non-fasl file:
>> #P"/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/asdf.fasl"
>> Script failed
>> upgrade FAILED for allegromodern from 1.85 using method
>> 'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system
>>
>> I can see why this fails!
>>
>> When I look at ~/lisp/asdf/build/asdf.fasl in emacs I see this:
>>
>> #!/usr/local/bin/sbcl --script
>> # FASL
>>   compiled from "/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/asdf.lisp"
>>   using SBCL version 1.1.3.7-63e78fc
>>
>> which suggests to me that we may be leaking something from one test to
>> another...
>>
> Oh, I see.
>
> Usually, we do not create a build/asdf.fasl,
> because the output-translations layer moves it away.
>
> However, when testing antique version 1.85, we do create that file.
> And then, we have the clash between asdf.fasl from sbcl
> and asdf.fasl from allegro, just like we used to have in the bad old times
> — precisely because we're testing an upgrade from the bad old times.
>
> To counter that, the first upgrade target is load-asdf-lisp-clean,
> but in this case, it wasn't cleaning enough.
>
> I've pushed a fix to the repository, and my manual testing
> suggests the tests are working after in a way that they weren't before:
> 	make u l=sbcl ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS=1.85
> 	make u l=allegro ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS=1.85

Drat! Still not fully fixed in the context of

make test-all-upgrade

Above backtrace due to this condition:
#P"/Users/rpg/.cache/common-lisp/acl-8.2m-macosx-x64/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/asdf.fasl"
does not exist, cannot load
Script failed
upgrade FAILED for allegromodern from 1.85 using method
'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system
you can retry just that test with:
ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS="1.85"
ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_METHODS="'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system"
./test/run-tests.sh -u allegromodern
or more interactively (and maybe with rlwrap or in emacs), start with:
mlisp -q
then copy/paste:
(load"test/script-support.lisp") (asdf-test::da) (test-upgrade
'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system "1.85")

My guess is that this is another one of those bugs that's a bug in the
testing, rather than in ASDF itself...

I notice that the test is trying to load from my .cache rather than
related?

Best,