[asdf-devel] standard io syntax woes

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:18:49 UTC 2013

For the record, checking on my machine today:

Implementations that make the standard readtable read-only:
allegro sbcl
Implementations that don't:
abcl ccl clisp cmucl ecl lispworks scl

Implementations that make the standard pprint-dispatch table read-only:
ccl sbcl
Implementations that don't:
abcl allegro clisp cmucl ecl lispworks scl

I don't know if a CDR is needed to change that, but I'm going to bug
all the respective vendors. It's just a safety issue wrt the existing
standard.

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. — Carl Jung