[asdf-devel] keeping versioning information externally

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 05:52:46 UTC 2013

> Developers can collaborate to assemble library version
> and share vermaps which are consistent and tested
> to work well together. They can be shared inside
> a company, or globally, like Quicklisp does.

we do that with the dwim.hu libs using darcs repos and tags.

every once in a while, i tag a version of all our repos that work well
together with a tag like '2013-12-01', or sometimes
'2013-12-01-some-project' when i'm tagging the state that is needed
for a specific project. in darcs these tags can happily live by each
other in the same repo in an unordered fashion.

as for the dependencies, we always use the repos of the dependencies,
and we have a function that collects the repo state in the form of tag
names, revisions, etc... and it can also generate a checkout script
that can be used to clone the needed version of all the dependencies.

currently here:

http://dwim.hu/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=HEAD%20hu.dwim.home;a=headblob;f=/source/install-guide.lisp#l12

but it should move into some util location...

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39