[asdf-devel] Please test before releasing ASDF 3.0.0 - Also, resigning again

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:50:39 UTC 2013

Dear Lisp hackers,

I'd like to release ASDF 3.0 next week (maybe even later this week).
Can you test ASDF before I do?

I'll have to produce some document explaining the innovations since
ASDF 2.26, 2.000 and/or 1.369, but for now here are just the changes
since 2.33.

As you can see, it's very minor stuff, and ASDF has been mostly stable
these last two months, which is a good sign and the reason why I'm
making an official 3.0 release. I'm also inserting a new digit in the
version, so releases will have three digits: 3.0.0, 3.0.1, etc. will
be minor continuations of 3.0. 3.1.0 will be the next "major"
milestone in a series that preserves compatibility, and 4.0 (if ever)
will be the next major release that doesn't. But I probably won't be
there to see it, because I'm moving away from my Common Lisp job in
Cambridge MA to some new as yet undetermined opportunities in NYC that
are unlikely to see me do Common Lisp for a living, and I plan to try
out different Lisps for a hobby (Racket, Maru, etc.).

  * Portability: have *uninteresting-conditions* be empty by default.
    Move stuff to *usual-uninteresting-conditions*, unused by default.
    Will make the SBCL team happy. Also, fix tests on ABCL.

  * UIOP: improvements to slurp-input-stream and thus run-program,
    notably accepting T as alias for *standard-output*,
    for better backward-compatibility of the deprecated run-shell-command.
    New macro with-output-file.

  * POIU support enhanced various tweaks.

  * Build cleanups.

Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most...
        — Ozzy Ozbourne