[asdf-devel] ASDF:SYSTEM-RELATIVE-PATHNAME in deployment scenarios

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:26:40 UTC 2013

asdf:fasl-op is more reliable than the current abcl-jar at collating fasls,
but doesn't even try to get other files. I'd like to see a future where
abcl-jar relies on fasl-op for the fasl part, maybe even binary-op
for producing an according .asd for precompiled stuff, and otherwise
collects whatever other files need to be included (a tricky question).

In other words, I think that both abcl-jar and asdf:fasl-op are useful,
and they should be evolved to complement each other
rather than try to subsume each other.

Reality must take precedence over public relations,
for Mother Nature cannot be fooled.
— R.P. Feynman