[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.33

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:42:14 UTC 2013

Dear Lisp hackers,

as things have settled down, ASDF is resuming a monthly release schedule.
Therefore I am glad to announce ASDF 2.33.
Please update your implementations, your distributions, etc.,
after suitable testing.

Since previous release 2.32, it includes the following changes:

  * Portability tweaks for ABCL, Allegro, CCL, CLISP, ECL, LispWorks, SBCL.

  * deferred-warning received yet more improvements for CCL.

  * upgrade is made more robust in many cases, notably for ECL, SBCL,
    or when using UIOP with an old ASDF<=2.26.

  * Packages have been tweaked to pass more tests,
    notably wrt what symbols are exported.

  * Image lifecycle support is improved, thanks to deploying ASDF3 for QRes.
    More options for dump-image on CCL; handle reentrance in restore-image.

  * delete-directory-tree, delete-empty-directory, copy-file,
    directory-exists-p, file-exists-p were added to UIOP,
    also better strcat, with reduce/strcat, base-string-p, etc.

  * Recompilation avoided for things already done by defsystem-depends-on.

  * monolithic-fasl-op was fixed in cases when the main system has components.

  * fasl-op and monolithic-fasl-op now work on ABCL trunk and upcoming 1.2.0,
    and will eventually replace the ABCL-JAR contrib.

  * *uninteresting-conditions* was added as a common list of conditions
    shared between the compile-time and load-time muffled conditions.

Thanks a lot the many hackers who helped with this release, including
Stas Boukarev, Gary Byers, Dave Cooper, Mark Evenson, Robert Goldman,
Erik Huelsman, Alejandro Sedeño, Martin Simmons, Anton Vodonosov
(and my apologies if I forgot your name in this list).

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast
confederacy of fools that made him their prince.