[asdf-devel] ASDF breaks ECL's use of :PATHNAME

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 23:07:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Currently, ASDF ignores all file types supplied by the user when
> specifying
> > a :PATHNAME value for a component. This did not happen before, though.
> >
> No, it doesn't.
> If you pass a #p"..." pathname, then whatever you specify is used
> untouched.
> If you pass a string, then the declared type (if any) is used with it.

I did not mean that it touches the relative pathname, but the fact is that
ASDF does not use the path which is passed. Instead, at various parts, this
path is translated into an absolute path and that involves changing the
type of the relative path.

> This behavior has worked for ever with ASDF 2.
> (ASDF 1 wasn't behaving portably in the corner cases.)

As I said, something must have changed w.r.t. to relatives paths between
asdf(old)+asdf-ecl  and asdf(new)+asdf-bundle, because the lines below used
to work

(ext::install-bytecodes-compiler)
(setf *load-verbose* t)
(require :asdf)