[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.26 in Quicklisp

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Nov 28 15:49:38 UTC 2012

On 11/28/12 Nov 28 -8:39 AM, Zach Beane wrote:
> rpgoldman at sift.info writes:
>
>> As far as I can tell, this is a misfeature of texinfo. The links only work to the node level (at least in the info browser). So we would need to reactor the document into smaller nodes to fix that.
>>
>> Unfortunately, in addition to requiring some work, that would also give us a document with very small pages, that would be a nuisance when attempting to read in chunks (as opposed to jumping to a very specific item).
>>
>> Perhaps a list member with more experience with texinfo has a suggestion?
>
> I think fewer than 0.0001% of readers will use an info browser to read
> the ASDF manual. Improving the HTML conversion is the ticket.

FWIW, I never use the HTML version.  I always use info inside emacs (not
the standalone version).  If I want to read end-to-end, I use PDF, which
has links without the annoying choppiness of a multi-page HTML document.

If you use emacs as your primary development environment, info is nicely
integrated.

One of the advantages of Texinfo is that it provides HTML, PDF and info,
for different customers.