[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.26 in Quicklisp

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Wed Nov 28 15:02:53 UTC 2012

rpgoldman at sift.info wrote:

> As far as I can tell, this is a misfeature of texinfo. The links only
> work to the node level (at least in the info browser). So we would
> need to reactor the document into smaller nodes to fix that.

  That's not really a misfeature. That fact is that Texinfo uses nodes
  as its primary sectionning mechanism. You need to think in terms of
  node first when you write Texinfo. Every sectionning command that you
  use should be associated with a node, and every node that has
  sub-nodes should have a menu. It seems that you only have nodes for
  chapters, which explains the shaky TOC.

> Unfortunately, in addition to requiring some work, that would also
> give us a document with very small pages, that would be a nuisance
> when attempting to read in chunks (as opposed to jumping to a very
> specific item).

  That is correct, although I don't find that this is such a nuisance,
  since you have all the hyperlinks you want. Otherwise, what you can do
  is generate a single web page for the whole doc (Cf. --no-split).

  What I do find missing from Makeinfo is a --split-level option instead
  of the --no-split one. It would be nice if, for instance, we could
  specify that we want to split at the chapters level only.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com