[asdf-devel] Reloading a .asd

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Sun May 6 20:29:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 16:05 -0400, Faré wrote:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:
> > I'm using the elisp snippet below(courtesy of Stas Boukarev with some
> > modifications) to reload a .asd file. Is asdf::load-sysdef the best way
> > to trigger a reload(but not recompilation) ?
> >
> Yes, with a catch: IF there's a system in your
> central-registry, source-registry, quicklisp registry,
> or wherever locate-system will find it,
> then that OTHER system will be found by the next find-system,
> as called whenever you try to compile it.
>
> So load-sysdef will only help you define a system
> that CANNOT be found by locate-system.

I only want to put a system into "manual" mode, and make sure that
find-system never overrides that no matter what. How about adding an
optional third parameter to load-sysdef that sets a "definitivep" flag
in the system, which makes find-system to never search it on the
file-system any more ?

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib