[asdf-devel] source file encoding

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:38:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 22:30, Orivej Desh <orivej at gmx.fr> wrote:
> I agree with all that you've written.  As for the last point,
> transformation of the external format may happen in
> #'(setf component-external-format); and here is a slightly updated
> patch, this time as a proper attachment.

OK, I pushed Orivej's patch, plus UTF-8 support for more than SBCL,
as ASDF 2.20.1. Please test.

It also includes a fix for ECL, that I somehow broke in 2.019.9
without anyone noticing (or notifying me). Oops.

Law is always law of the strongest. The only question is what feedback
mechanism selects this strongest and controls his behavior.