[asdf-devel] always load/compile from sources.

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Fri Mar 16 19:04:10 UTC 2012

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> writes:

>> Sorry, why should that definition fix the problem?  I.e., what is it
>> about compiling the file from source that ensures that swank will be
>> loaded, when loading the FASL doesn't?
>
> The #+swank in the source file.

I mean, I expect the #+swank in the source file to disable the
dependency on swank when it is not present.

Notice that using #+swank (:file "swank-stuff") in the ASD file, works
to disable loading swank-stuff, but since now I have to put #+swank
(call-swank-stuff) in the other files, I still have the same problem: I
need to erase the fasl in .cache/common-lisp and recompile everything
when I need to switch between swank and non-swank targets.