[asdf-devel] always load/compile from sources.

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Fri Mar 16 02:05:54 UTC 2012

Hi!

I have a file swank-stuff.lisp that uses swank if available, with forms
such as:

    #+swank (in-package :swank)
    #+swank …

It contains also definitions that are alway available.

If I define it as:

    (:file "swank-stuff" :depends-on ("other-stuff"))

and compile it when I have swank, it produces a .fasl that contains a
toplevel (in-pacakge :swank).  Therefore when I load the system in an
image without swank, it produces this error:

    .
    > Error: There is no package named "SWANK" .
    > While executing: ccl::set-package, in process listener(1).

I tried to define it as:

   (:file "swank-stuff"
          :depends-on ("other-stuff")
          :in-order-to ((asdf:load-op (asdf:compile-op "swank-stuff"))))

but it still doesn't work.  Is there a way to make it so that
swank-stuff is always loaded/compiled from source, instead of from the
.fasl file?