[asdf-devel] asdf 2.23, and contribs
fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:12:30 UTC 2012
Dear fellow lispers,
I'd like to release asdf 2.23 around July 14 or so.
Can you review the changes so far and test it for stability?
Changes since 2.22:
* exported more pathname-related utilities from the package asdf
* tweak compile-file* to accept a :compile-check argument, and
the :around-compile protocol to allow passing flags to compile-file*
This allows for a race-condition-free way of imposing strictures
on files that are being compiled, and is used by asdf-finalizers.
Speaking of which, some time ago, I started to collect asdf extensions,
and I just added a listing of them on the asdf webpage.
Please suggest more extensions that I may list on the page.
Currently listed are:
* asdf-contrib, an umbrella that just depends-on other extensions.
* asdf-encodings (depends on asdf 2.21), to compile Lisp source files with
character encodings other than UTF-8.
* asdf-bundle, to bundle one or more systems into a single FASL file,
for easier delivery (only on SBCL, CCL and hopefully still ECL, for now).
* asdf-condition-control (distributed as part of XCVB), to control
which conditions to warn about or to muffle during compilation.
* asdf-finalizers, to allow macros, reader-macros or types to include code
to be evaluated at the toplevel, at the end of a file being compiled.
(I personally think it's very cool.)
* asdf-dependency-grovel, to compute the actual dependencies
in a big ASDF system (not included by asdf-contrib).
* poiu, to compile a system in parallel (not included by asdf-contrib).
I suppose I should list CFFI and IOlib (and possibly SB-GROVEL?),
maybe cl-protobufs, xcvb-bridge and more, for notably possessing
non-trivial ASDF extensions. Or should I? What other systems should I list?
—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. — William Pitt, 1783
More information about the asdf-devel